Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Blogging again and biking

It has been awhile since I have added to my blog so I suppose I should not be suprised that no one else has viewed it.
I am working so much that even my cycling is suffering.
I did a nice 50+ kms over the weekend. Very nice.
It is of concern that people I know are having cycling mishaps.
People who have been cycling for years are suddenly breaking thumbs or fracturing pelvises!!
One guy I know who cycled from Adelaide to Gippsland fell off his bike going around a corner in town. He did not break anything but he lost skin.
On the GVBR 2007 many people fell off and broke bits of their body but I put that down to the number of cyclists and the occasional clipping another bike.
There is a need to be very careful when ever you are on the road. What ever you are driving.

1 comment:

My Blog Site said...

Hi Heather
You are realling into the "b's" - sounds like the books have kept you busy also.
We are in Broome and it is great. Lots of cyclists here but not too many have come all the way on their bikes.
Great place for a holiday at this time of the year.
Have checked out the library for local history and enjoying soaking up the past and present atmosphere here.
Keep up the blogging - regards
Jeanette