Wednesday, February 13, 2008

to be or not to be?

There is a temporary position coming up within my organisation. It is about 30 minutes from home. It is an acting manager position. It is for 6 months. It is 59 hours a fortnight.
I currently work 40 hours a fortnight. I walk to work. I have 2 weekdays off each week.
I dont think I will be paid more per hour for the temp position and I will be out of pocket for petrol to travel. But I will have Fridays off.
I am studying Library and Info studies off campus so use my days off to study, for assignments, cycling and to blog!!
Being a manager for 6 months will be a great experience but do I really want to work longer hours and the travel will get expensive and could be boring.
I do like a challenge.
I dont know...6 months is a long time.
I shall apply and see what happens.
If I get an interview I can discuss my thoughts with the panel, who will roll their eyes and ask what I am doing there.
I would like to do it. Yes I would.
6 months experience as a manager is probably worth petrol money and a bit of inconvenience.
Yes. Pick me.
Thanks for the discussion.
Does anyone out there have an opinion?

No comments: