Monday, February 4, 2008

Another 100 kms!!

Last week I rode another 100 kms.
I tried the 41kms with the fast Inverloch crew and they were too fast for me again/still.
I started 10 minutes before them and they caught me at the 27km mark before Cape. I tried sticking with them but could only stay with them for 2 or 3 kms.
One guy said that I needed a good road bike to keep up. I love my bike!
But I completed 41kms in 90 minutes so that was good.
Having an Australia Day long weekend meant that I rode again on Monday and by the end of Wednesday had done 100kms.
I visited my mum on Tuesday in Melbourne. It was her birthday. She turned 79!
I took her out for lunch, we looked at some shops I drove her to my brother's house where they were preparing a celebration meal for her for dinner. Then I drove home.
I don't get to see my family very much. It is a two hour drive each way. But it was good to visit last week.
I can't wait for "EastLink" to open then I wont have to travel down Springvale Road. It is very busy even at non peak times.

No comments: