Saturday, September 22, 2007

#6 and #7 More Fun with Flickr and technology


I have become better acquainted with Flickr. I have a Flickr account. I have some photos on Flickr. I have made a trading card. I have linked by blog to my Flickr Account. I had hoped that the trading card would appear here but it has not.
If you click on the rectangles you can have a look at my trading card.
Still lots to learn.

I have had a play with a "mashup" site that links a world map and shows you where ebay items are for sale. I limited this to Australia and had a look at cycling items available near Melbourne.
http://vbay.info/

There is a Matthew Richardson signed jumper at $399 finishing in 10 days...."tell them they're dreaming".
This is all so new and different. I could spend hours playing on different sites. Reading about new applications and trying them out. Sometimes I feel I am wasting time ...but I can justify it because it is "work".
I was asked about why do I add new posts on weekends. That is because at work I am too busy "working". I am sure people would not be too understanding if I blogged all day instead of dealing with my customer service tasks. My family is far more understanding although the pay is lousy. That is why I fulfill my technology based learning on my days off.

Time is an issue. Where we told the investment would be 15 minutes a day?
Computers are supposed to make communications and information faster and easier but I think we ( well I know I ) spend alot of time on the computer. It is fun though.
It is similar to the TAFE subjects that say 20 hourscommitment for this subject. But I spend 4 times that and all I get is a PQ. The highest mark available.

Oh well....bring on RSS!!

I just had a look at bloglines and my head is spinning.....so much information....so little brain.

2 comments:

My Blog Site said...

Hi there!
What an inspiration and place of information and fun your site is.
Enjoyed it - oh to have the time to check out all your links etc. Holidays will be a good time I think - oops just had mine - oh well it comes to priorities I suppose and you sneaked up the list.
Cheers!

My Blog Site said...

http://www.blogger.com/profile/12805005215174937577
Hi there!
What an inspiration and place of information and fun your site is.
Enjoyed it - oh to have the time to check out all your links etc. Holidays will be a good time I think - oops just had mine - oh well it comes to priorities I suppose and you sneaked up the list.
Cheers