Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Swooping Magpies


What is it with magpies? I was swooped upon yesterday. (Rode 32 KMs) The magpie would not give up. I was on a track when it struck. I thought when I got on to the road it would stop but it kept on going. I almost had to retreat into a hardware shop to hide.
I have some holes in the left side of my helmet on the foamy part near my ear!! I have a couple of cable ties sticking out of my helmet like antennas but that did not deter the bird.
The advice from DSE is to get off my bike and walk away but that is too scary. I just want to get away as quickly as I can.

Is this an omen? I am a bit worried about the AFL final on Friday night. Geelong will have problems with all the magpies swooping. I hope the cats have eyes on the back of their heads. (another DSE suggestion).

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Living life dangerously??? I'd paint eyes on the top of the helmet.

Unknown said...

Really like your blogs. The flickr thingy worked ... eventually. Keep up the good work!