Sunday, March 30, 2008

The Big K

I have started being a branch manager at the Big K.
I am currently having a crash course in dealing with staffing and rosters and what happens when people rostered have medical appointments and cannot work and some people want more work and others dont. Misunderstandings and unfortunately I am cannot read minds and have not as yet found time for interpreting subtle hints and comments. I do not know that people are thinking about having holidays/having relative visit from overseas/having family issues unless they tell me. I do not mean to be insensitive to people. I understand that you have been there for XX years and I have just arrived with my fancy ideas and big city ways.
I walked in the door 5 days ago...Give me a break!!
Apart from all that...I think things are going alright at the Big K.
It is and will continue to be a challenge in many ways and yes , that is what I want.

No comments: