Sunday, March 30, 2008

Leaping into leadership

I attended a workshop "Leaping into Leadership" at the SLV last month run by a group of people who have attended the Aurora Leadership training.
It reinforced the attitude that I am trying to live by which is to get out there and do stuff.
Take risks and learn from outcomes, good and bad.
Be couragous. Make things happen.
It was a really good workshop especially for the networking opportunities.
I met some lovely people. I have to contact them soon!!!
The only thing that concerned me was when the guest speakers where having a really big problems at particular workplaces they moved on. This might be OK in the city with other libraries geographically close but in the country it is more difficult to change jobs.
I think it might have been better for me to have had a few weeks being a manager at the Big K and then attend a workshop like this. I would have had better stories to tell.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Massagem, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://massagem-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.