Saturday, December 8, 2007

I'm back from the GVBR




Hey!! I am back from the Great Victorian Bike Ride.
It was great!!
I rode all the way. 577km's according to my bike. Even up Love's Lane and up to Rawson in granny gear.
I was not the best or fastest rider but I was far from the worst.
I was really tired by the 9th day.
I am not much of a camper so sleeping in a tent and packing it up each day quickly lost it's romance.

It is really well organised. The food is great and plentiful. Lots of entertainment in camp. Shops and food kiosks. And lots of community groups doing fundraising with food and raffles.

The GVBR is a fantastic experience and I encourage anyone thinking about it to do it!

1 comment:

nowt said...

Well done Heather a great achievment I was thinking of you in the wind, rain and heat and all those hills. loves lane is a killer in the car how about the bike