Saturday, January 5, 2008

My working life so far this year.......

We have been really busy at work for the first week of 2008.
Here the the most comon exchange so far this year.......

Person: Can I jump on the internet? (Why do they always want to "jump" on the computer?)
Me: All of the computers are being used at the moment and the next time it is available is at 4pm.
Person: I will only be 5 minutes.
Me: I am sorry but all the computers are being used at the moment and the next time a machine is available is at 4pm.
Person: I just want to check my emails
Me: Would you like to book a computer for 4pm?
Person: Can't I get on now?
Me: I am sorry but all the computers are being used at the moment and the next time a machine is available is at 4pm.
Person: I will only be 5 minutes.
Me: I am sorry but all the computers are being used at the moment and the next time a machine is available is at 4pm.
Person: But we want to go to the beach/shops/movies/have a nap etc in the afternoon.
Me: All the computers are being used. The next available time for the computer is 4pm today. Would you like to book for tomorrow?

And so it goes on!!!

Currently the library has the only public use internet computers in town.
The Visitor's Information Centre has moved and is having problems with their phone lines and internet connection. So they are sending everyone to us. As at close of business Saturday 5th Jan 2008, the internet computers have been booked out for Monday morning. We have 3!!

I thank the Lord, John and Janet that I only work part time or else I think I would have gone MAD by now.

No comments: