Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Todays's ride

This morning I set off with a 10 minute head start for the 41km ride Inverloch-Wattlebank-Wonthaggi-Cape Patterson-Inverloch. The regular group leave at 7am and they are FAST.
There were lots of cyclists on the way. I think I saw Councillor Gareth Barlow but I am not sure if it was him or not. He was going in the opposite direction and I saw him on the Korumburra Road and then again on the way to Cape.
The main group caught up with me 25kms into the ride. Between Wonny and Cape. They whooshed past me and said hello. I tried to keep up. I wish. Not likely. Then when I turned at Cape for the coast road there was a head wind and I was very tired. But wait there is more....
Just before the RACV I got hit by a bird!!!
Yes, a bird flew into my arm. I have skin off where the beck hit me (just a spot) and it bled and I screamed!!! I looked back but could not see the bird so I kept cycling.
With the head wind the 41kms took me 1 hour 40 minutes. I was very tired afterwards. I dropped in to Paul the Piemans to let the others know that I had got back OK. In case they were worried about me. They said I did OK. I can do the distance but not the speed.
I know I can do it faster without a head wind.
So I am hoping I can do that on the weekend.
It is much better riding with someone than alone.

No comments: